SOfASD wrote to political candidates asking about their policies and plans for people affected by autism after the 2012 election in October. The ASD community in the ACT should know what prospective governments plan to do to improve outcomes for people with ASD and their associates.
SOfASD asked specific questions about policy and plans for:
- diagnostic services
- early intervention
- school age: education and other needs
- transition to post-school
- employment and "community access"
- supported accommodation
- community access and respite
- access to services
- Autism/ASD awareness
- protection of human rights
- the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
Responses were received from:
- ACT Labor (see http://bbuckley.net/sofasd/node/3)
- ACT Motorists Party (see http://bbuckley.net/sofasd/node/4)
- ACT Greens (see http://bbuckley.net/sofasd/node/6)
- ACT Liberals (see http://bbuckley.net/sofasd/node/7)
You can download the questions and background information using the link below ...