Autism Asperger ACT reported on a survey that aimed to discover the prevalence and nature of school refusal of adolescents with ASD in the ACT. The objective of the survey was to identify options for developing ‘student friendly’ environments that enable students to achieve their best result from the education system.
- What is the nature of school refusal of adolescents with ASD in the ACT?
- What is the prevalence of school refusal of adolescents with ASD in the ACT?
- What was the main challenges facing the ASD student in the mainstream high schoolenvironment?
- What did the parents identify as being the key strategies employed by the school authorities, community services, such as, psychologists, and the families themselves?
- Which strategies created the most successful outcome for the ASD student?
from http://www.autismaspergeract.com.au/publications/general/school-attendance-survey-report/ and http://www.autismaspergeract.com.au/assets/Publications/Files/School-Attendance-Survey-Report-2012.pdf